Vue 3D competition winner
e-on software, maker of solutions for natural 3D environments has announced the winner of of the “Vue 3D Environment Competition”, designed to showcase the capabilities of 3D technology for CG environments.
The winner was Laurent Rodriguez, with Promenade (pictured above). “”This forest is very well rendered with a superb photo-real result, although dense greenery throughout there is a lot of variety when you look at the details,” said one of the judges, Tom Greenway.
Over The Clouds by Oliver Regueiro was first runner up, prompting 3D World editor Steve Jarratt to say “”Beautiful, photoreal – striking use of black & white”
Judging was based solely on the quality, realism and artistic merit of the entries, not on the version of Vue used to create them.
The “Vue 3D Environment Competition 2010” was in association with Pixologic, 3D Total, Ballistic Publishing, 3D World Magazine, CG Society, and Cornucopia3D. The judges are all leading figures in the world of 3D graphics, representing the Motion Picture, Game, Media and Broadcast industries:
- Paul Huston – Digital Matte Supervisor, Industrial Light & Magic
- Scott Brisbane – Digital Matte Painter, Dreamworks Animation
- Dark Hoffmann – Freelance Digital Artist, Entity FX
- Eran Dinur – Senior Digital Artist, Framstore
- Stephane Belin – Senior Concept Artist, Blizzard Entertainment
- Susumu Yukuhiro – Matte Painting Supervisor, Whiskytree
- Tom Greenway – Editor, 3DTotal.com
- Steve Jarratt – Editor, 3D World magazine
© 2010, Michael Burns. All rights reserved.