Adobe launches Creative Suite 6 and Cloud-based collaboration
Adobe has unveiled the full Creative Suite 6 product line and Adobe Creative Cloud.
It includes new releases of 14 CS6 applications and four Creative Suites – Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium (£1,509 ex VAT), Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard Standard (£1,032 ex VAT), Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium (£1,509 ex VAT), and Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection (£2,223 ex VAT). Upgrade pricing is also available to eligible customers
A new subscription-based offering, Adobe Creative Cloud, will provide users with the ability to download and install every Adobe CS6 application announced today. Creative Cloud also integrates Adobe Touch Apps into everyday work, introduces cloud-based sync and store capabilities, and powers the publishing of apps and high-impact Web experiences.
• With Photoshop CS6, Adobe claims designers will experience incredible performance, powered by the Adobe Mercury Graphics Engine, enabling near instant results from essential editing tools, including Liquify, Puppet Warp, Transform and Lighting Effects.
• Adobe has built on Photoshop’s breakthrough Content-Aware capabilities with advanced new Content-Aware Patch and Content-Aware Move features.
• Illustrator CS6 debuts a revamped modern interface, and features include a new image tracing engine, easy pattern creation and ability to apply gradients to strokes. The Mercury Performance System delivers speed and stability, including 64-bit support for Mac OS and Windows.
• InDesign CS6 continues allows the creation of multiple layouts from a single set of content with new Adaptive Design Tools – Alternate Layout, Liquid Layout, Content Collector Tools and Linked Content.
• Adobe Muse enables designers to create and publish HTML5 web sites without writing code, was also announced today.
• Web pros can integrate HTML5 animations, created with Adobe Edge preview, into their Dreamweaver projects
• Dreamweaver CS6 addresses the challenge of responsive Web designs with the ability to build fluid grid layouts replacing the tedious manual process of creating and configuring separate CSS-based interfaces for phone, tablet and desktop.
• Through direct integration with Adobe’s recently announced PhoneGap Build service, Dreamweaver CS6 helps round out Web professionals’ skillsets and enables them to produce native mobile applications for multiple platforms.
• Adobe Flash Professional CS6 users can translate and transition their skills to HTML5 using the Flash Professional Toolkit for CreateJS. Flash Professional CS6 also helps designers create gaming experiences and advancements include the ability to generate sprite sheets that improve workflows and performance.
• Pre-built native extensions and new packaging options, leveraging the latest Adobe Flash Player and AIR runtimes, help expand and ease app delivery to Android and iOS devices.
• With dozens of new features, Adobe Premiere Pro features a new editing environment while the Adobe Mercury Playback Engine now supports OpenCL on MacBook Pros.
• After Effects CS6 offers the Global Performance Cache, where previews are saved and ready to go – cutting the time spent bouncing between projects.
• New to Production Premium are Adobe Prelude CS6, which streamlines logging and ingest workflows in post-production, and Adobe SpeedGrade, which contains powerful finishing tools for film finishing and colour grading.
• Adobe Audition CS6 accelerates audio post-production: real-time clip stretching makes it simple to stretch clips to fit an edit; and Automatic Speech Alignment introduces a powerful new engine for automated dialogue analysis.
• A new third party API for hardware integration – Adobe Mercury Transmit – allows broadcast video monitoring to connect directly into the Mercury Playback Engine via third-party cards from AJA, Blackmagic Design and Matrox.
Webcast this evening
The launch event for Adobe Creative Cloud and CS6 will be streamed live beginning at 6pm GMT, April 23 at www.adobe.com/special/cs6/launch-event.html and will be available there as a continuous rebroadcast from 7pm – midnight GMT on April 23. An on-demand version will be available at http://tv.adobe.com beginning April 24.
More information on the products is available at www.adobe.com/uk/products/creativesuite.html.
Adobe Creative Cloud membership for individuals is £38.11 (ex VAT) per month based on annual membership and £57.17 (ex VAT) per month based on month-to-month membership. A special introductory offer of £22.23 (ex VAT) per month for CS3, CS4, CS5 and CS5.5 individual customers is also available.
There is more information at www.adobe.com/go/creativecloud.
© 2012 – 2013, Michael Burns. All rights reserved.