Maxon shares virtual vision for 2020 events
3D software developer Maxon is to host a series of artist-focused digital experiences, kicking off with its free virtual 3D and Motion Design Show this week.
Free virtual events will be hosted on 3DMotionShow.com (formerly C4DLive.com) to coincide with the timing of Siggraph, IBC, NAB Show NY, HOW and Adobe Max – shows that are now cancelled as in-person events. Maxon is also rebranding its streaming events to reflect the full product line after the acquisition of Redshift and the merger with Red Giant.
Maxon will be hosting this series of events as “The 3D and Motion Design Show.” It will feature the world’s top motion graphics and VFX artists showcasing professional 3D techniques and real-world production workflows using Cinema 4D, Redshift and the Red Giant suite of products. Presentations from each event will be streamed live and available online shortly after airing on 3DMotionShow.com as well as the Maxon YouTube channel.
The first 3D and Motion Design Show takes place tomorrow, June 18, at 08:00 (PDT) on 3DMotionShow.com.
Presenter highlights this week include:
Anthony Abbott, senior creative of San Francisco-based motion design studio Swordfish. Abbott will discuss the creation of the company’s short film, Talos, which was produced during studio down-time and completed while the creative team was sheltering in place during Covid-19. Anthony will share techniques used in Cinema 4D, Redshift, and Red Giant Looks to create the film’s mesmerising 3D visual effects.
Alan Towndrow, rigger and animator for Bomper Studio, a leading creative production studio in Wales. Towndrow will share how Bomper relied on the character animation toolset in Cinema 4D to create its recent hilarious animated short, Coffee Run. Towndrow will also share the details of a contest for aspiring animators called #MovingColin, with prizes that include a Cinema 4D subscription and a Bomper Studio internship.
Ryan Talbot, a Dallas-based freelance 3D animation and VFX artist for broadcast, commercials, mixed reality and more will be sharing an exciting new personal project created with Cinema 4D and Redshift.
Simon Walker, CSI – Director of Training at Maxon
Simon Walker, CSI, has worked in post-production since before Photoshop had layers. A certified Master Trainer for both Apple and Adobe professional video suites, Simon manages the training team at Maxon, running workflow.
The schedule for Thursday (all times are in PDT):
- 08:00: “Maxon Welcome and Announcements“
- 09:00: “Rigging and animating characters in Cinema 4D for the hilarious short, Coffee Run” with Alan Towndrow
- 10:30: “Cinema 4D, Redshift, and Red Giant techniques used to create visual effects for Talos” with Anthony Abbott
- 12:00: “Tips and workflows for VFX Suite (King Pin Tracker and Lens Distortion)” with Simon Walker, CSI
- 13:30: “Building a crystal cave with Cinema 4D and rendering with Redshift” with Ryan Talbot
The Maxon virtual event calendar, which runs through to December 2020, also includes:
- The 3D and Motion Design Show for Siggraph: July 21-23
- The 3D and Motion Design Show: August 12
- The 3D and Motion Design Show: August 26
- The 3D and Motion Design Show for IBC: September 11-14
- The 3D and Motion Design Show for AdobeMax/NAB NY/HOW: Oct 26-28
- The 3D and Motion Design Show: November 18
- The 3D and Motion Design Show: December 9
All events will be streamed live on 3DMotionShow.com
Visit Maxon for more information
Header image is from Maxon’s Cinema4D NAB showreel