Adobe MAX: Creative Cloud updates on show in Las Vegas
Adobe has used its MAX event in Las Vegas to significantly update its subscription-based Creative Cloud apps and services. Embedded within the new releases are a range of artificial intelligence capabilities using Adobe Sensei. Adobe claimed these AI – powered features would enable creators to go from concept to completion much faster, and bring the power of advanced technology and deep learning to accelerate the creative process.
Officially launched at MAX was Adobe XD CC (above). Developed in open partnership with the design community through a public beta, Adobe XD is an all-in-one cross-platform solution for designing and prototyping mobile apps and websites.
Previously Project Felix, Adobe Dimension CC (above) offers “graphic designers the power and flexibility of 3D with the ease and simplicity of working with 2D,” claimed Adobe. Dimension enables graphic designers to quickly create and iterate on photorealistic 3D images to realise branding and packaging designs in real world settings.
Also launched in Las Vegas was Adobe Character Animator CC (above).The 2D animation tool helps bring still image artwork from Photoshop or Illustrator to life and has been showcased on US TV shows including “The Late Show” with Stephen Colbert, “The Simpsons” and Jim Cramer’s “Mad Money”. New features include pose-to-pose blending, new physics behaviours and visual puppet controls. Adobe Sensei also helps improve lip-sync capability by accurately matching mouth shape with spoken sounds.
Other Creative Cloud updates at Adobe MAX include:
- Adobe Photoshop CC (above) now offers significantly expanded photography support, major improvements in learning and getting started, and enhanced overall performance.
- Adobe Illustrator CC delivers multiple workflow, user experience and performance improvements
- Adobe InDesign CC now offers designers more control over their workflow with an improved user experience
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC introduces deep collaboration features, state-of-the-art immersive 360/VR workflows and Responsive motion graphics controls
- Adobe After Effects CC streamlinines the ability to create data-driven graphics and deliver high-quality VR and 3D results – with GPU performance enhancements
- Adobe Typekit now leverages Adobe Sensei to provide new way to search for fonts. Users can submit their own photos of type and find similar fonts available on Typekit
- Adobe Stock (below) expands its asset collection with the introduction of hundreds of professionally-created motion graphics templates for video users in Premiere CC and After Effects CC
Adobe also announced the launch of AdobeLIVE on Behance, a livestreaming channel where 10 million Behance community members can learn from and inspire each other. The channel now features 24 hours of weekly programming, and will expand to 24/7 programming starting in 2018.
See more on the Adobe creative blog