Adobe releases Photoshop Lightroom 5 beta
Adobe has announced the availability of Photoshop Lightroom 5 beta for Windows and Mac. This beta release of the photography workflow application offers a free, public preview of new features and tools that will be offered in the final release, expected later this year.
“Lightroom is the essential tool for busy professional and discerning amateur photographers, who are uncompromising in the pursuit for image quality or searching for artistic expression, “ said Winston Hendrickson, vice president of digital imaging products, Adobe. “The Lightroom 5 beta is highly valuable in ensuring the new features support and address the needs of our customers and we look forward to hearing feedback.”
New features in the Lightroom 5 beta include
- Advanced Healing Brush allows users to heal imperfections and remove distracting elements
- Upright tool analyses an image to automatically level horizons and straighten objects like buildings to correct a keystone effect
- Radial Gradient tool creates off-centre or multiple vignette effects
- Smart Previews allow customers to edit images without needing the original raw file
- Video slideshow enables customers to combine still images, video clips and music in a creative HD slideshow
- Upgrades to the Book module enhancing the ability to create, customise and order elegant photo books using a variety of tailored templates.
Adobe is encouraging customers to provide comments through its community forums on both new and legacy features. Feedback offered may be integrated into updates added before the final version of the software is released.
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 beta is available immediately as a free download on both Windows and Mac, and will remain active until June 2013. The Beta release does not support catalogue upgrades.