Pantone unveils 84 new colours and Artist Editions
- Pantone has announced the addition of 84 new colours to its Pantone Plus Series, as well as Artist Edition covers, which will be available on a selection of its Plus Series guides.
- The colour technology company said the additional colours incorporate a broader range of blushes and pinks, as well as a wider variety of vibrant blues, greens and violets. It brings the total number of colours in the Plus Series to 1,755.
- The new colours will be available in coated and uncoated formats and are printed on text-weight paper to match popular print specifications. These colours, along with the 336 colours introduced in 2012, have been integrated into the colour sequencing for a chromatic arrangement.
- The Artist Edition covers feature the work of digital illustrator Yo Az and graphic designer Tímea Andorka. Both artists are drawn from Pantone Canvas, Pantone’s free online portfolio sharing network powered by Behance.
- The Solid Chip Coated and Uncoated binders will each be wrapped in one of the works from Tímea Andorka’s project, Optics/Chromatics. To optimise visual impact, each of the Coated and Uncoated Formula Guide will feature one of the images, divided across the seven guides.
Images from ‘Rainbow’, a vibrant and illustrative project by Yo Az will grace the Artist Edition covers for Pantone Colour Bridge (Coated and Uncoated).
- “For over fifty years, Pantone has been committed to offering colour tools that inspire and support designers in their efforts to create brilliant, memorable work,” said Karen Lantelme, director of creative marketing at Pantone. “The 84 new colours, combined with the Artist Edition cover selections, further extends our commitment to designers and celebrates colour’s profound impact on design.”
- Visit the Pantone website
© 2014, Michael Burns. All rights reserved.