Baselight for Avid (Mac) announced
FilmLight has announced the release of Baselight for Avid (Mac), the latest product in its Baselight Editions line. Developed in association with Avid, it allows the colour grading toolset to be available within Avid Media Composer or Symphony. A built-in GPU renderer provides real-time performance. Colour decisions made in Baselight for Avid can be exchanged with full Baselight systems, and vice versa, achieving a seamless workflow between editorial and colour grading operations.
“We are breaking down old barriers and enabling artists to be more creative and productive,” said FilmLight founder Wolfgang Lempp. “Baselight for Avid will make high quality grading tools accessible in editorial suites resulting in a more flexible and efficient workflow, and a better way to communicate creative intent through the various stages of post-production.”
Key features of the software include:
• Multi-layer colour grading
• Grading adjustments applied directly to shots in the Avid timeline
• Truelight colour management
• Export grades to or import grades from full Baselight systems via AAF or BLG EXR files
• Multiple ways to adjust colour: lift-gamma-gain controls, film-style grading (with additional adjustment of the ‘S’ curve regions), full RGB and HSL curve-based grading
• Automatic tracking via one-point, two-point or new area-based tracker
• Secondary grading via built-in soft-edged Bezier shapes, luma and chroma keys or a combination
• Filtering and garbage-matting
• Secondary grades are inside/outside layers allowing different colour and effects to be applied to either side of the layer
• Built-in filters (blur, sharpen, etc.) can also be applied to any layer in conjunction with colour
• All controls fully key-frameable
“Avid is extremely excited about the release of Baselight for Avid,” said Adam Green, Avid Sr. Director of Worldwide Marketing, Pro & Post Segment. “Baselight for Avid is an innovative product that empowers editors and other post production professionals using Media Composer or Symphony software to work more efficiently, creatively and collaboratively.”
Baselight for Avid (Mac) is available for purchase through FilmLight‘s online store. A Windows version is currently under development and is scheduled for Q4 2012.
© 2012, Michael Burns. All rights reserved.